Pages

Monday, April 12, 2010

Trip of a lifetime

This weekend we took a trip to Buckhorn for some fun...
We got to go for a walk down by the lake with grandma


Garrick and I left Pete with my parents and went out to dinner at the Little Village Cafe in Baraboo. It was delicious! AND nice to get out for a while...
We also went out to LaValle to help my dad take apart a shed that is coming to Winona to be a garden shed/bike hanger/chicken coop at our house. We had lunch at the new picnic table and played up in the grass for a while before we drove home- he fell asleep in 30 seconds...
We stopped at Toys-R-Us on the way home- it was like Christmas for Petey! He got a new car seat, a water table to splash in and a basketball hoop. Life could not be better for this one-year-old.
He loves to put the ball "up" and run after it after it rolls away.
This is what I caught him doing  the other day- he looked pretty darn proud and happy but I was a little nervous...
We also got a new backpack to carry him around in- it is a "soft structured carrier" which means that it holds him in place, but he is right up next to my back like he's on a piggyback ride- He loves it! I cacn picture him snuggling in and falling asleep on long hikes in this. You can also put a little baby on your front using this too

Have a great week!




2 comments:

Amy said...

that does indeed sound like a great trip! I love the looks of that carrier...what is it called and where can I find one? keep enjoying spring you guys!

Missy said...

We have one of those cute carriers! We have a Kozy Carrier - LOVE IT!