Saturday, September 18, 2010

Where did my baby go?

In the past 2 weeks, Pete has grown up SO much... He has started school at Winona State 4 days a week. He goes bewtween 3-5 hours a day, he still cried when I drop him off, but stop real fast and loves his teacher Jill, who reminds me SO much of Kimberly's mom, and gives her a kiss or hug or high five bye every day and especially the college girls who work there. He is learning all sorts of things from the other kids and is getting so much more vocal. He hears trains, motorcycles and trucks and tells us all about them. He loves to make all of the animal sounds that he knows and can tell us what he sees and all sorts of different things.

In order to get ready for the baby coming we have kicked Petey out of his crib. He now sleeps on a matress on the floor and LOVES it. You can ask him where he sleeps and he runs upstairs into his room and jumps on his bed. He still gets his lovies when he sleeps which helps a lot, but has learned to give them a kiss goodbye in the morning until the next sleeping time. We do find him hanging halfway out of his bed sometimes so we arne't ready at all to go to a higher bed.

He also got a trike that he loves to get pushed around- the neighbor kids love to give him rides and he knows how to hold on to the yellow and climb on and off. Pedaling is the next feat.
We got to sit in a (points up) BanE- as Peter would say. WSU did a Blue SKy themed day at the farmer's market and there were a bunch of booths upwards related.

We are getting to the end of the canning season- thank goodness!- and picked apples today. Pete came and helped and filled up his truck with the apples on the ground while Garrick and I climbed the tree and a ladder- I was only on the ladder- to get these from Wenonah Canoe- we thank them for our free applesauce. This is going to be accomplished in the next week when we have a rainy day.
Garrick has been going full speed ahead on the deck. He has been working like crazy to get the holes filled and the base of the decking on this weekend. We are getting excited to see how it is coming together and progress being made on something new on the house.

The baby is growing, but slowly. I am measuring a little small this time again- so just to be sure that everything is going okay with the little one we are going to have an ultrasound on Monday to see what's going on and to be sure that Captain Hook is growing and there is enough fluid to swim in in there! I have been trying to take it a little easier this weekend and drink LOTS of water and juice so that I am not stuck on restricted activity or bed rest. Cross your fingers that everything goes well and we'll show pictures of the little pirate this week!

No comments: