Pages

Monday, June 30, 2014

Emi Rides!

This is old news by now, but I haven't posted pictures or videos. Emi is pedaling her own bike. We had been helping her down to the corner and back all of March, she could do it a little on her own, but usually wanted to walk back. I had even told a friend that I didn't think she was going to want to learn this summer and that was okay.

Emi from garrick holey on Vimeo.

One day, she came to me and said, let's go bikin', I'm gonna ride my pedal bike. The next thing I knew, she was hopping on it and with a little help to get going, was on her way down to the corner and around the block! She really had no learning curve, just needed to decide on her own terms that she was going to do it!





Now, a few months later, she can pedal around the lake, all over campus at SMU, has completed MANY bike races around the block when our grown-up friends come over and bikes to school and back most of the time as well. She is more cautious than her brother, but I think it is because she doesn't have the coaster brakes mastered yet, so she is hesistant going down hills. Either way.... we are proud of our little biking babe!!



1 comment:

vivida said...

Emi does a good job.