Monday, August 3, 2009

Gorilla Baby

Peter wanted me to update you on all of the things that he has learned to do since we've been home. First, he wanted to let you all know that he is SO glad to be out of the box, back in his own crib and that he has recovered from the trauma of it.
He is loving eating solid foods. (See the video below) We eat: potato, sweet potato, avacado, and carrots. The carrots were actual baby food and I think they were a little too thin for him to eat actually, they just kinda slimed all over his face. I'm excited to take him to the hospital and weigh him on Wednesday to see if he's gained weight with this new food. Last time (4.5 months) he was 12.7 pounds- we're hoping for 13 1/2ish this week which will keep him right at the bottom of the chart- BUT still on it! This is a picture of him sucking the slime off of his fingers when we were finished up eating one day.

Edited to add: We went to the clinic to weigh in and he was 13 lb 5 oz!

We have a new nickname for him- first it was Kermit, then BP and pete-star, now he is our little baby gorilla. He can sit up on his own, but needs to put his hands out to steady himself. He looks just like a baby gorilla and is so proud of himself that he can do this.

We still do call him Linus though- this is how he always sleeps, I think that it is SO sweet- sometimes I find him with his face completely covered with his little lovey blankie.

He is also starting to play with toys- sucking on their noses mainly, but it showing an interest.

Here is Pete and the bear at 5.5 months.

He also wanted me to let you know what a fun weekend he just had. He's watched us play a lot of darts outside- we put up a dart board on our garage wall, went to his second wedding of the summer and Grandma and Grandpa came to visit. He is always on his VERY best behavior when they are here: no crying at all and lots and lots of smiles, but they are so great about helping to keep him on his schedule that we love so much. We went for a walk, went water skiing, went to church, and he got to spend one on one time with grandma while we went mountain biking for a while! Then I stayed at home and took a nap while they took the dogs to Lake Winona for a swim and to go dock jumping since I had to waitress last night! What a busy day- Sunday felt like a whole weekend in itself! We were SO busy that we didn't even have time to take any pictures.

No comments: